Thursday, October 28, 2010

Websites to Integrate



(ABC)

This week while searching for something to blog about I stumbled across a link my instructor posted on our class’s site 47 alternatives to using youtube.  I understand that youtube is apparently a website that is blocked on most school networks. Fortunately for me this is not an issue where I currently teach. However, I did find this article very informative. In looking through the list of 47 websites I noticed a few I was already familiar with. TED talks for example is always a source of great inspiration for me in blogging, and hulu has provided me with entertainment for hours personally.

The first site I came across that I was not familiar with was How Stuff Works.  Almost immediately I found material that I could possibly integrate into my lessons at school.
Material ranging from games and puzzles like this one of an audio mixing board to informative articles of a variety of industry related topics.  Monkey See was another interesting site that I was introduced to with a variety of tutorials. In particular I found detailed videos on beatboxing that I thought was very entertaining. Finally the last site that I dove into was this week in rap. I loved this site and think it would be perfect for my students. It’s essentially current events and issues highlighted through rap to make them more entertaining.

If you are looking for websites to integrate into your instruction I highly recommend checking some of these out. You are bound to find something informative and useful that  your students can benefit from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment