Thursday, October 21, 2010

Book Online Integration


For this weeks ABC option I am going to bring the blog back a little closer to home. In my class we have been toying with the idea of switching to a new book. The current option that we have for the class is lacks substance and aside from a few passages is a difficult read.  After experiencing the textbook for my grad class with just as much online substance as what was contained between the covers I knew I wanted a book that integrated digital media.

I teach digital mastering and was very pleased when I found that Bob Katz had a second edition of Mastering Audio. I was familiar with the first edition and was pleased to see that they were addressing the subject of Internet delivery in the new edition.  The book references several sites that can be used to supplement the learning.  One of which is the authors own personal site.  I believe this will give some students the opportunity to delve further into some topics, and hopefully will take much longer to go out of date because of the constant upkeep on the Internet links. Wish they had books like this when I was in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment